Friday

Kindle Author Interview: Ey Wade

Ey Wade, author of The Perfect Solution, discusses her book, her journey as a writer, and self-publishing on Kindle.

DAVID WISEHART: What can you tell us about The Perfect Solution?

EY WADE: The Perfect Solution is a suspenseful analysis of choices and how those choices affect the people around us. It tells the story surrounding the stories of a child’s stalking and the accidental placement of that child into the stalkers hands.

A teenage babysitter decides to go to college.
A single parent places her child in daycare.
A three year old is mistakenly given to a stalker by his pre-school teacher.

"I placed the most precious thing in my life in your hands and you people did not take your job seriously."

These are the words of the distraught mother when she learns of the abduction of her child.

When Saturday mornings rolled around Catrine Teddi would bring her three year old son Brhin to eat breakfast at McDonald’s. It was an established routine to mark a day of errands and bonding. She never paid attention to Mona Boots sitting in the shadows across the play yard watching the little boy.

Mona, deciding she wanted Brhin as her own, spent weeks stalking him and his mother. In her delusion to finally do something right in her life she enters The Perfect Solution Childcare Center and leaves with Brhin-Kristoffer Teddi in her arms. It’s a choice she is prepared to defend.

DAVID WISEHART: How do you develop and differentiate your characters?

EY WADE: I don’t have a particular process for writing or developing characters. I just write them as I feel they should be or react.

DAVID WISEHART: Who do you imagine is your ideal reader?

EY WADE: A parent, a child care provider/owner, anyone who has a precious child in their life they want to protect.

DAVID WISEHART: What was your journey as a writer?

EY WADE: The part that stands out the most is the misstep in following the advice of an agent in the first publication of The Perfect Solution. Being a novice I accepted his advice when he directed me away from Ballantine books, (if only I knew who they were then) who wanted the book and pointed me in the direction of Publish America. Needless to say I learned such companies are nothing but paper mills. The humiliation when the book was reviewed in a local paper with all of the errors exposed almost crushed me. The book received awesome reviews as a paperback and I have learned from my mistakes. After much editing and a few rewrites it is better than ever.

DAVID WISEHART: What is your writing process?

EY WADE: Funny, a character knocks on the door of my creativity and I write what they tell me. I use pen, laptop, and most recently the Word program on my cell phone. I do my best work on the cell. One to three thousand words at a sitting. Seem as if I focus better staring at the small screen. In the long run it has improved my twitter speed.

DAVID WISEHART: What authors most inspire you?

EY WADE: I am mostly inspired by the indie writer. It takes a lot of fortitude to step out on your own carrying your inner thoughts and feelings in your own hands and succeed in however far the steps take you.

DAVID WISEHART: What one book, written by someone else, do you wish you'd written yourself?

EY WADE: That would have to be Buy Ketchup in May by Mark Di Vincenzo. I am impressed with all of the tidbits of awesome information.

DAVID WISEHART: How have you marketed and promoted your work?

EY WADE: I published my books had so many familial issues that now I am getting into the marketing. Better late than never, I say. I am using the social networks, blogs, getting into discussion boards and trying to get interviews on different sites.

DAVID WISEHART: Why publish on Kindle?

EY WADE: I love the ease of the publishing process and the fact I can get my work out without the fear of rejection letters piling in my mailbox.

DAVID WISEHART: What advice would you give to a first-time author thinking of self-publishing on Kindle?

EY WADE: When you finally succeed in publishing your book, get out and market until your brain pops. Make sure you have edited your product beyond your best abilities. It may not seem so, but your work is detrimental to the fate of other Kindle (indie) authors.

DAVID WISEHART: Thanks, and best of luck with your books.




ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Born in Beaumont, Texas, Ey Wade has run for public office and been a successful activist and volunteer in her community. As a single parent she owned a childcare center, developed curriculum and home educated three daughters who entered college (now graduates) at ages 16 and 17. As an activist she started a grass roots organization and fought the school system for the establishment of a bus route and crossing guards to be placed in the South Park area of town.

Ms. Wade’s writing career as a self-published author began in 2009 when she started her on publishing company Wade-In Publishing and released Beads on a String—America’s Racially Intertwined Biographical History and has continued with the recent publications of fiction novels The Fishing Trip, The Perfect Solution, and Yes, Sam Takes Care of Me in 2010 and three picture books in 2011.

Visit her website, read her blog, find her on facebook, and follow her on twitter.

Are you a Kindle author? Would you like to be interviewed for this blog? You can! See details on my Kindle Authors Wanted page.

Discover new writers! Subscribe to the FREE Kindle Author Newsletter.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment