Friday

Kindle Author Interview: Amy Lunderman

Amy Lunderman, author of They Walk, discusses her book, her journey as a writer, and self-publishing on Kindle.

DAVID WISEHART: What can you tell us about They Walk?

AMY LUNDERMAN: They Walk, is the first book in a trilogy and is a young adult paranormal romantic thriller. It center’s around the narrator Maggie, and her friends as they go to a party that turns deadly. She faces some pretty awful things, that will ultimately test her character and of those around her. In the middle of the dead rising, Maggie must come to terms about her feelings for her brother’s friend that she has been trying to suppress.

DAVID WISEHART: How do you develop and differentiate your characters?

AMY LUNDERMAN: I usually know the premise for all my characters right from the imagining of the story. The development of them though, grows as the story does. All of them go through their own changes as the whole trilogy continues, and some worse than others.

DAVID WISEHART: Who do you imagine is your ideal reader?

AMY LUNDERMAN: My ideal reader is someone like me I suppose. Someone who loves a suspenseful book that is filled with plot twists, new love, and teenage angst.

DAVID WISEHART: What was your journey as a writer?

AMY LUNDERMAN: I started writing as soon as I could read, and have always had a wild imagination. Forever it feels like I would write stories and hide them in my computer, never thinking someone would read them. Only recently with ebooks on the rise, I thought I might give it a shot myself.

DAVID WISEHART: What is your writing process?

AMY LUNDERMAN: It starts as an idea for me, that I spend many sleepless night theorizing over. Then I take that idea and put it in a chapter outline. During that time I usually map out what direction I would like the story as a whole to go, and then I begin writing. This is the most fun to me, as I must always be listening to some form of music.

DAVID WISEHART: What authors most inspire you?

AMY LUNDERMAN: Melinda Metz with the Fingerprints Series and Laurell K. Hamilton, influenced me the most. I still love going back to read each of them both, no matter that I could read them with my eyes closed. I enjoy the fast paced action mixed in with the paranormal, and it inspired to me use that sort of thing with my own writing.

DAVID WISEHART: What one book, written by someone else, do you wish you'd written yourself?

AMY LUNDERMAN: Unearthly by Cynthia Hand, and is something that I read recently and it has everything in it that I love. I’ve been trying to work out an angel story of my own, and this one has all the things I would want to strive for.

DAVID WISEHART: How have you marketed and promoted your work?

AMY LUNDERMAN: So far I’ve been doing it all myself, and the helpful guide of the Internet. I have created my own blog, and got my own twitter account, as well as Facebook. For now I am working on spreading myself through the blogging world, and offering samples and viewings of the book trailer.

DAVID WISEHART: Why publish on Kindle?

AMY LUNDERMAN: With the demand of ebooks, this is the most used and professional form of self-publishing. It definitely makes it easier for a first time writer to give it a try.

DAVID WISEHART: What advice would you give to a first-time author thinking of self-publishing on Kindle?

AMY LUNDERMAN: Don’t give up. The hardest part is writing your book in the first place, and all the rest is just fun. So enjoy yourself, and don’t be afraid to take the leap.

DAVID WISEHART: Thanks, and best of luck with your books.




ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Amy Lunderman writes, "I'm a stay at home mom, with a passion to write. I love paranormal romantic fantasy's, whether they be adult or young adult. I from Upstate New York, but I currently live in Rhode Island with my fiance and our beautiful daughter. I write whenever I have a free moment, but most of my days are spent entertaining a busy toddler."

Read her blog.

Are you a Kindle author? Would you like to be interviewed for this blog? You can! See details on my Kindle Authors Wanted page.

Discover new writers! Subscribe to the FREE Kindle Author Newsletter.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment